Creamy Mushroom Soup
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 1/2 pounds mushrooms, quartered
- 2 tbsp grass fed butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp thyme, chopped
- 2 tbsp flour (rice flour for gluten free)
- 1/2 cup white wine (or broth)
- 4 ounces brie, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Roast mushrooms in the oil, place on a baking sheet in a single layer and roast in oven until they start to caramelize, about 20-30 minutes, mixing them once halfway through.
3. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a pan over medium heat, add the onions and cook until tender, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Add the garlic and thyme and cook until fragrant, about a minute.
5. Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes.
6. Add the wine and deglaze the pan.
7. Add the broth and mushrooms, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Add the cream and brie, let the brie melt, fish out rinds and season with salt and pepper to taste before pureeing to the desired consistency.
9. Enjoy 🙂
Share The Love!
Subscribe for More Great Articles!
Subscribe via email to be notified of new articles, healthy recipes and helpful tips.